Our Centers and Initiatives
William Trent, Director of Research Collaboration, Center for Education in Small Urban Communities assists in the generation of research-based understandings of our collaborative engagement in educational improvements. Aligned with the mission of the University of Illinois as a land grant institution and with the goals of the College of Education, the Center serves as a vital resource to local school districts and educators.
Rebecca Ginsberg, Director, Education Justice Project (EJP) contributed to the development of Resolution HJR 27 to create the Illinois Higher Education in Prison Task Force to analyze the existing state of higher education programs for incarcerated individuals and to recommend a legislative action plan to expand access. The legislation was drafted with help from the Freedom to Learn Campaign, the advocacy wing of the Illinois Coalition for Higher Education in Prison.
Eboni Zamani Gallaher, Director, Office of Community College Research and Leadership (OCCRL) is a co-partner in the REACH Collaborative, which is focused on transforming credential pathways to associate degrees at community colleges to improve credential attainment and economic mobility for adult learners of color in six states.
- Center for Education in Small Urban Communities serves as the liaison for school-university partnerships.
- Center for Culturally Responsive Evaluation & Assessment brings scholars and practitioners together around issues of cultural context in evaluation and assessment.
- The Early Childhood Collective provides research and resources for educating and raising young children.
- Education Justice Project expands higher education within American prison populations.
- Forum on the Future of Public Education disseminates credible information on key questions facing P-20 education.
- Illinois Center for Transition and Work provides assistance focused on preparing students with disabilities for the transition from high school to employment.
- Illinois New Teacher Collaborative provides statewide leadership for promoting new teacher induction and mentoring programs.
- The National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment surveys the national landscape of higher education learning outcomes.
- Office of Community College Research & Leadership studies policies, programs, and practices designed to enhance outcomes for diverse youths and adults who seek to transition to and through college to employment.
- Office for Mathematics, Science & Technology Education enhances student achievement and teaching performance in math, science, and technology.
- University Primary School is a pre-K through fifth-grade Reggio Emilia-inspired lab school.