Outreach & Impact
Our mission extends beyond our classrooms and campus. We make a difference in people’s lives locally, nationally, and globally through invigorating outreach informed by our commitment to community and rigorous research culture
Quickly pivoting to a virtual conference due to COVID-19, the Illinois New Teacher Collaborative (INTC) lived out its theme of resilience and compassion, shifting gears quickly to transform to a remote conference just six weeks before the conference was to be held, and offering it free this year, knowing that many districts had frozen requests for professional learning funds. As a result, the conference had more registrants than ever, as 300-plus new and preservice teachers signed up to take advantage of the free offerings.
"We want people to share what they’ve learned, to give them platforms to have that network with the hopes that it goes beyond what we provide. It’s an avenue for continued professional and personal growth for these new teachers."
- Center for Education in Small Urban Communities serves as the liaison for school-university partnerships.
- Center for Culturally Responsive Evaluation & Assessment brings scholars and practitioners together around issues of cultural context in evaluation and assessment.
- The Early Childhood Collective provides research and resources for educating and raising young children.
- Education Justice Project expands higher education within American prison populations.
- Forum on the Future of Public Education disseminates credible information on key questions facing P-20 education.
- Illinois New Teacher Collaborative provides statewide leadership for promoting new teacher induction and mentoring programs.
- The National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment surveys the national landscape of higher education learning outcomes.
- Office of Community College Research & Leadership studies policies, programs, and practices designed to enhance outcomes for diverse youths and adults who seek to transition to and through college to employment.
- Office for Mathematics, Science & Technology Education enhances student achievement and teaching performance in math, science, and technology.
- University Primary School is a pre-K through fifth-grade Reggio Emilia-inspired lab school.